Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Breaking down

My life is as imperfect as the summer day is long.  But within the imperfection I have become the young woman I am today.  I fight daily with this perfection I strive to achieve.  The battle is sometimes exhausting.  There are days I would love nothing more than to hide away from the world and shut my mind off.  Days that I would like to eat an entire pizza and not feel like I have to run 10 miles.  Days that I would like to wake up and wear sweat pants all day, in public and not worry about my appearance.  Days that I would like someone to worry about me and not spend hours wondering if everyone else in my life is okay.

Each of us has our own story.  Our imprint on life.  We have the experiences which have made us the women we are today and the lessons learned which keep us remembering that no matter how bad it gets and how much easier it would be to give up, the sun will rise and set tomorrow and that there are people who count on us to keep going for them. 

As women, mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, we must wear different hats and be able to juggle the inconsistency of this daily, hourly.  We are the shoulder to cry on.  We are the smile and gentle voice which slows the flow of tears.  We are the band aid for a cut up knee.  We are the chef in the kitchen.  We are the voice of reason and the words of strength which keep others in our lives going.  We are the sweet song that sings our children to sleep at night and the soft hands to welcome them back to the world each morning.

Today, as I sit here with a million things going on around me....I am taking a moment.  A moment to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment