Saturday, September 11, 2010

For You I Will.

I am that girl who changes her accent decorations by season and has summer/winter bedding.  My grandmother instilled this in me....right around the time she said "Danika, Grandma is going to teach you how to make a bed so someday when you have houseguests they will leave talking about your impeccable guest bedrooms". 

I have recently swapped up the master bedroom (my room) in my condo to all white bedding.  I literally cleared out the room, less my king size bed, and have started from a blank canvas.  I would imagine Grandma would say "white! in winter!" and as much as I hate to disappoint her I kind of like the white.  On to the message behind this post...what to put on my walls. 

Trying to decorate my condo, for the last two years, I have the terrible habit of putting the cart before the horse:  I am always thinking about the use of a decoration or piece of furniture after I am married with a home.  Will I use this?  What if I decide on a different color scheme?  As a matter of fact, I told my mother as we were leaving Home Goods this afternoon "Mom, I cannot wait to get married for another reason now", she replied with "and what's that", I simply stated "Momma, think of all the incredible things I can register for to decorate my house!"  She laughed, shook her head and kept walking. 

I am a fan of the rooms of my home having themes, however, the one thing which follows through in each room is what I put on my walls.  This young lady has in each room, large picture frames which I fill with photos of the loved ones in my life.  Some women decorate with accent paintings (my mother and grandmother) and I feel that what adds the most character to my condo is not the bedding in my room or the dining room table which seats six but it is the story which my walls tell.  Each time I look at my walls I remember why I chose the photos and what each person means to me.  It is the sweet reminder that whispers "for you I will". 

If you have made my walls, Lord knows we have a history together.

No comments:

Post a Comment