Friday, September 17, 2010

Beautiful.

Beautiful.  What is beautiful?

I read a quote this morning that got to me:  "you don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her".  I thought about the past few weeks of my life, my sisters, the amazing 57 women I was able to connect with and speak to on Wednesday night and of the woman I am becoming.  I realize I could throw out endless nouns and adjectives to describe what I think it means to be beautiful but that to each of us beautiful is something different. 

This morning, as I lay in my bed with coffee and my lap top, I am celebrating beautiful and what it means to me.  Beautiful is:
  • Love.  The ability to love someone is beautiful beyond belief.
  • The smell of coffee. 
  • The first snowfall as it blankets the ground in untouched white.  
  • A first kiss....and second, third, fourth
  • The sound of the water as it laps the beach.
  • Fish.  (please laugh as you read this - these slippery little creatures make me smile)
  • The sun rising and setting. 
  • My grandmother.  This beautiful woman has raised 10 incredible children and lives to love each day like it is her last. 
  • My mother.  If I could write a book about an influential person in my life, this woman would be my story.  She has taught me to love unconditionally and without stipulation.  My heart exists because of her.
  • Ice cream. 
  • My best friend Allison. She is the most beautiful person I have been lucky to mesh  my life with.  This momma-to-be of Baby Jake is beautiful beyond measure.
  • Forgiveness. 
  • Midnight mass on Christmas Eve. 
  • Waking up on Christmas Day with my beautiful little sisters to see what Santa brought.
  • Smiling. 
  • The smell of breakfast.  Someday I want a house full of family that smells like pancakes and syrup on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
  • Airplane landings.  Nothing is more beautiful than knowing I survived the flight :)
  • Flowers. 
  • Random acts of kindness. 
  • The way it feels to be loved.  
  • Believing in something or someone.
Beautiful.  Use the word at least once today to tell someone that they are beautiful and why.  I promise, it will make you smile.

XOXO (all the way from MN),
Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment