Friday, September 10, 2010

Those I've Loved the Most.

The last nine months of my life have been busy.  Busy being a general term I use to describe 110 hour work weeks, launching a website and traveling (for work).  I am a very social young woman therefore January brought about a change in my life.

There are very few people who have stuck with me through this.  Those who have accepted that a return call or message from me might take 7-10 business days and although I am not able to make "the party" or "the event" I do send my best and a gift will be in the mail.  It was said to me in the very beginning of this venture that I would quickly recognize who my real friends were (my boss and mentor gives the most fabulous advice) and that it is at times lonely at the top.  This has not rang more true than in the past few months.  I owe these people a lot for keeping me in touch with reality.  You all hold a very special place in my heart.

To my mother.  Although you are required to love me no matter what, you have been the support in my life which has kept me most grounded and in touch with my beliefs and values.  You have kept an ever so watchful eye over my decisions and helped to guide me through very tough times.  I could never imagine having a more wonderful influence on my life and a more incredible woman to call mom.  Thank you.

To my boss and mentor.  You have been the person in my life that has believed in me and what I am capable of.  Your guidance and go-get-it attitude has changed me in ways I never thought possible.  You have given me the incredible opportunity to believe in myself and use my abilities to help create this magnificent company and guide it to through growth.  I am a stronger, more independent young woman because of you.  Thank you.

To my best friends Allison and Meghan.  We met as young women ready to take on the world and have found each other again in adulthood only to become better friends.  The two of you each possess such amazing character and strength.  I look to you both for wisdom and support and never have we let each other down.  You are the voices on the phone and the smiling faces which keep me looking forward to all of the memories we have to come.  I love you both so much.

To the pilot in my life.  You are the message I know will never go unanswered.  We have become such great friends over the past year.  Your ability to put up with me has taught me that patience is sometimes required and giving up on someone is never an option.  Although I really like to do things my way, you have shown me that sometimes it is better to modify "my way".  You are the young man I never knew I needed in my life but always wanted and the voice of reason when it comes to the boys I fall for.  Thank you for always sending a reply message.

No comments:

Post a Comment