Saturday, August 21, 2010

Yes, I want to talk about me...


With this being my 2nd blog (a much more mother-approved blog), my hope is to blog my way through 26....hopefully finding inspiration and inspiring other classy young ladies along the way.

I grew up on a grain farm in eastern North Dakota. The daughter of a farm boy turned accountant and teacher, my upbringing was storybook. Family dinners each night at 6:00, holiday feasts with presents galore all in a house which my mother made into a warm, loving home. As the oldest of three girls I was destine to be a wife and mother from the start. From an early age I loved cooking with my grandmother, helping my mother with laundry, bossing my sisters around and playing "house". I graduated from high school and went off to Florida State University. My love for all things southern grew in my four years down south. I spent countless weekends on my best friend's farm in southern Georgia and the coast. After graduation, I moved "home" to watch my sisters grow. After absolutely not a thing about my future which I had planned actually rang true, I decided to step out of my political law comfort zone and jump into the unforeseen future of a start up company.

In June 2010, along with my CEO and fabulous mentor, Peppermint Park launched. It amazes me how much I have grown and how fast the last four years have passed. It seems like just yesterday that I was a blue-eyed ND freshman on the FSU campus. Now, at 26, I run a company.

Nevertheless, some things have not changed. I am still as bossy as I was at 6. I have found a fabulous "medium" between my entire 26 years as a "Midwest girl" and the four years I spent in the south. I am still searching for Prince Charming, reading cookbooks, finding time to write my own, decorating my life with passion, travel and love. I hope you enjoy.

All my best,
DLT

No comments:

Post a Comment