Sunday, August 29, 2010

I LOVE to eat.

I love to eat. Let's just be honest, who doesn't?  Second only to one thing:  cooking.

My love affair with being in the kitchen began at a very young age.  Growing up on a farm in North Dakota all of the women in my family cooked.  My earliest memories of both my Grandmothers are accompanied by the smell of turkey and stuffing, hamburger being browned, fresh chocolate chip cookies and banana bread.

I consider myself lucky to have these memories and to have been taught firsthand that an electric mixer whips cream too fast (my Grandma Shirley would say that it doesn't taste as good if you haven't worked hard enough for it) or that a measuring cup and/or spoon is never needed....taste and smell are "just enough darling".

After leaving political law (and before launching Peppermintpark.com) I applied to the best culinary program in the country.  Using a recipe I had create and changed a million times over and my ability to write a killer essay, I was accepted.  Although I have postponed becoming a chef, I still create and cook almost daily.  My Grandmothers dream of the day my 1st cookbook hits the bookstore shelves and I cannot wait to share with the world my love affair with the kitchen.  I think I may have just created the title.  


No comments:

Post a Comment