Saturday, August 21, 2010

Laughing so hard it hurts.

Last night, after returning from a week in Las Vegas (for work...I know it sounds boring), my two younger sisters, mother and myself had a "girls night". Normally, these trips involve shopping and eating at a new restaurant. We did "normal" last night.

My youngest sister is off to the University of Wisconsin-Madison next week and busy preparing for rush week (which begins next weekend - so proud she is following in the family Sorority footsteps) thus the evening began with a trip to IKEA (her rush week attire has been provided, of course, by myself and Peppermint Park). Following my sisters and myself around a store is at minimum entertaining. One might find themselves in shock at our mother's ability to manage us all - even after 26 years. We argue, laugh, hug and chat nonstop. After our mother decided she had "had enough" and after 30 minutes of "where do you want to eat"...we decide on Tex-Mex.

Somewhere in between ordering drinks and waiting for our food, a discussion about memories begins. Mom fills my sisters in on how bossy I was and my sisters giggle as they discuss "no wonder she doesn't have a boyfriend". We swap stories about growing up and how much we love each other. Literally, the entire time, I was laughing so hard it hurt. I apologize to anyone in the restaurant who experienced this...maybe next time the hostess will not stick us in the middle of everyone.

Moral of the story:
  • Laughter is the best medicine and family makes life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment