Saturday, August 21, 2010

What IS in my closet (do I even know)...

This post is dedicated to someone who told me I needed to donate some of my 150 dresses because I was spoiled. (NOTE: I work damn hard for my wardrobe)

I recently have begun "going through" my closet(s). I say "closet(s)" because there are three. Yes, three. My condo consists of a kitchen, dining room, office, living room, master bedroom and master bathroom....and three closets. When I was looking for condos, a large closet or multiple ones were at the top of my Must Have In My Condo list (right next to big kitchen). The older gentleman who owned the condo had recently remodeled and was SO PROUD of his closet work. Honestly, I must read "girl who needs a large closet" or just carry that look because John took an extra 15 minutes to show my the closet systems he had created. I love this man's ability to know a clothing-obsessed young woman when he sees one.

Back to the story....

I did a massive pull (removing things I do not need) and donated to a great cause.

[My mother is the principal of an inner city Transition Program. She created a "Community Closet" where her students are able to shop (without money but with points earned for doing good things), as most of the students in her program (over 1,000) are at or below the poverty level...some without parents, parents themselves and without a place to call home.]

I found that not only do I have a lot of clothing but that my taste in designers has grown to exceptional levels (we are talking WWD status). This past week in Las Vegas for M.A.G.I.C. I was able to meet with a lot of these brands and discuss at a higher level what fashion is to me and to Peppermint Park.

As women we use fashion to define ourselves. We dress to our character. Our individual style is the accessory to our personality. Our accessory to who we are as individuals.

After meeting with many of the labels I carry in my closet, this comment stuck with me the most: "Your energy is amazing. Addicting. Your style portrays who you are as a woman. Confident. Classy. Beautiful. You are a woman who knows what she wants and exactly how she is going to get it. The man that ends up with you as his wife is one hell of a lucky man."

Moral of the story:
  • No matter what your individual style is you are beautiful to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment