Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dream Big.

Cinderella sang "a dream is a wish your heart makes..." and no offense Cinderella but the modern day Princess lets not only her heart do the dreaming but also her head.  In this modern day fairy tale I call life, my Princess-self believes that dreaming is the frosting of life. And I am a girl who enjoys licking the spoon after frosting.

As a young girl I was a dreamer.  I would imagine that my bossy little blonde self was quite the storyteller from an early age.  Even now, when an idea enters my mind, there is not a part of me which believes I cannot make it happen.  Weird?  I used to think perhaps I did live in a fantasy world.....that someday I would have to accept reality and deal with what life had in store for me:  dreaming while living a boring life.  Let me clarify that I do not think boring is boring.  To each their own.  Any my own is firecracker-ending phenomenal.

When I became a part of Peppermint Park it was as if the dreamer inside of me was let out to create her dreams.  To live them.  I was given the opportunity to embrace all that I am capable of - because someone believed in me enough to make me believe in myself.  My boss, mentor and one of my best friends pulled out of me the dreamer.  I was given a picture, paintbrush and enough paint to create a masterpiece.  Although there are times my paint runs low, she is always there to fill it up again with new colors.  We have embraced "living the dream" to the fullest and with that Peppermint Park has grown.

If I could give one piece of advice to my generation and generations to come and generations that have passed, it would be to never lose site of your dreams.  We live in a world where anything is possible.  Absolutely anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment