Sunday, October 10, 2010

My 10 Favorite Things About Me.

Every time I spend an afternoon with my mother (usually when we are shopping) I find something out about the world that makes me more happy with life.  Today, I discovered a collection of cookbooks at a thrift store.  I had a moment of utter and complete bliss and as I told my mother I could not leave without the cookbooks because someday in the house I intend on making a home, there will be a large walk-in pantry with two walls of bookshelves filled with cookbooks, (nevermind that her response was "well honey, you can't have that many cookbooks" to which I of course responded "oh yes I can") I realized that I may just be the most unique young woman I have ever met and I kind of like being her.

We are constantly trying to improve ourselves, to somehow change and make ourselves better, which I happen to think is wonderful.  But today, I am taking a moment to remind myself of the things I love the most about being me.  Here we go....
  1. My soul. It is what defines who I am.
  2. My family. They have helped to shape who I am. 
  3. Being the young lady that loves being in a dress, pearls and a great pair of heels. 
  4. My ambition and drive.  There is nothing I cannot do.  Peppermintpark.com has taught me to embrace this about myself. 
  5. My imagination and ability to dream.  Thank goodness my mother instilled in me the determination to chase after my dreams and to follow my imagination.
  6. Hallmark commercials and romantic movies make me cry. 
  7. Being the girl that loves having her hand held.  
  8. My morals and values. 
  9. I am not afraid to scuff my heels, get dirt on my dress or spill my coffee.  Life is full of oops, laugh, learn from it and just go with it. 
  10. My love of the kitchen. As I sit here and type, there is an edition of Southern Living sitting next to me with the recipes section open....
Take a moment, a step back from self doubt and being your own worst critic.  Look in the mirror and love what you see. 

XOXO (all the way from Minnesota),
Danika

No comments:

Post a Comment