Monday, August 15, 2011

Little Miracles.

This modern day Cinderella has found that happiness exists in every faucet of life.  And the kind of happy that exists to the extent that I wish I could bottle it up and give it out to everyone happy. 

This June I experienced the most amazing moment of my life (well it was more than a moment...great work Megs!), the birth of Riley James.

He is so beautiful and handsome and perfectly perfect.  I spent the last month before he was born with his momma, my best friend.  He moved in her belly and as much as he might hate me for admitting, I thought he was a little girl.  The moment he was born the whole world changed; it was breath-taking. 

His mommy and daddy asked me to be his Godmother.  I can't explain how honored I was that very moment and I hope that I live up to every single part of what it means to be such an important part of his life. 

Each time I hold him I am reminded of how amazing God is and how miraculous the gift of life can be.

My Grandmas still call and ask where Prince Charming is.  I keep telling them that this Cinderella just has not found her glass slipper red heel...

No comments:

Post a Comment